Ashley House plc (“Ashley House”) is committed to making this website accessible for the widest audience, regardless of technology or ability. All reasonable adjustments are being made in order to make this website as accessible as possible and we have built the site with the following in mind:
- the web pages are designed to be viewed on a wide range of screen resolutions;
- you can vary the text size by using your browser’s text resize option (usually View > Text size);
- all images have been given descriptive alternative text tags;
- we have used text and background colour combinations that are sufficient in contrast;
- the page structure is easy to navigate by using a clear and user friendly menu that is visible on each page of the site and uses HTML headings;
- Cascading Style Sheets control the presentation of pages and we have used properly structured markup for content. If style sheets are not supported or are turned off, information on the site can still be accessed and read;
- all forms and fields follow a logical tab sequence to ensure easy navigation; and
- a sitemap is available to provide information about the layout of the website.
We believe that this website meets the requirements of the level 1 and 2 criteria of the World Wide Web Consortium Web Accessibility Initiative (WCAG WAI) 2.0 guidelines and we constantly strive to meet level 3 whenever possible as, although we adhere to the accepted standards for accessibility and usability whenever we can, it is not always possible to do so in all areas of the website, especially where guidelines are still evolving. That said we continue to review our solutions in line with updates to accepted accessibility guidelines and standards.
If you find a part of our site that is difficult to use please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can continue to improve our overall accessibility. Alternatively, the following tips may be useful:
The text is too small for me to read – how can I change it?
If you are using a PC, then follow these simple instructions:
- Mozilla Firefox: Go to View in your browser and select zoom, select text only, then select view zoom in.
- Internet Explorer: Go to View in your browser and then click Text size and select the size you require from the drop down list.
If you are using an Apple Mac, then follow these simple instructions:
- Mozilla Firefox: Go to the view menu, text size and select increase/decrease text size.
- Internet Explorer and Netscape v.7: Go to the View Menu and select Text Zoom (or Text Size). You can increase or decrease your font size by clicking on larger and smaller or by using the percentage range given.
- Safari: Go to the view menu and select zoom in.
The mouse is difficult to use – how can I get around www.ashleyhouseplc.com?
You can navigate your way to selected areas of our site using your keyboard. You can use the arrow keys to help you with scrolling up and down a page. You can also jump from the top to the bottom of the pages using the page up and page down buttons.
I don’t have access to Microsoft Word or Adobe Reader – how can I get them?
To learn more about web accessibility visit: